On August 15th, I turned 26! I am no longer an “early 20 something” but weirdly now a “mid-20 something.” Seriously, where did time go? If I’m being honest (queue Chainsmokers song), the past 2 years have been the best years of my life! I didn’t enjoy my teen years nor did I enjoy my early 20s. Sure, turning 21 was great but I mean who was to say I didn’t drink before that?
This year I wanted to do something different. I took a trip with my best friend of 7 years to Europe. I chose this since, you know, I live in a city where airfare to Europe is super affordable and had to take advantage of it!
Let me tell you, it was the best trip ever! We went to England, Scotland and Italy. We met awesome people, had our first experience on hostels, learned that people our love “accents”, grew a closer friendship, and lots of self reflection. On the 15th, we were in Milan, Italy. We were SO exhausted from all of the traveling and moving around. I kid you not, we were on the go NON STOP. You would think it would have been fine. We fell asleep on buses and in public at times. So, on my birthday, you know what I did? NOTHING. I was in Milan with my best friend, relaxing. It was needed and I was so happy. Even with the 6 hour difference, I still felt the love from back home.
While relaxing on my birthday, I thought about writing things I have learned at 25. I love love love reading material like this! A person taking the time to self reflect and reminisce the moments at a certain age.
So with that, here is what I learned at 25:
- Always be Patience With EVERYTHING.
- Meditate at least twice a week, it will come in handy.
- Do HIIT and strength training classes. These are fun and rewarding!
- You can dance to all music. Line dancing anyone?
- Never stop being curious. The universe is full of unknown things.
- Study more on Climate Change!
- To get what you want, you need to be direct. Not a bitch.
- If someone wants a book to read, always recommend The Alchemist. Thank me later.
- Get out of your comfort zone. A LOT!
- Like the comfort zone, always challenge yourself. You are stronger than you think you are!
- Learn a new language. Come ti chiami?
- First thing every morning, make your bed. If everything else is falling apart in your day, just know you made your bed.
- Make lists! That satisfaction of crossing an item off though!
- Buy under eye cream. We are getting older.
- Take a walk and listen to the audiobook of 1984 by George Orwell.
- Listen to your body. It needs to rest.
- Take a breath.
- Journal. Another way to meditate.
- Self reflect once a month.
- Create monthly goals. Once the month is over, you can see how well you did!
- Put 30% of every paycheck to your savings.
- CRY. I recommend watching an episode of This Is Us.
- People won’t like you and that’s okay.
- People will love you and that’s okay.
- Love yourself. Always and forever!